From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 hours finished the webcam program

hello 🙂 i just want to ask a question...

Can i capture an image and save it using this vi? 

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 84
(9,525 Views)

Hi toufic,

yes it is possible, but you have to add this funcionality. You have to send a windows message to capture the image. I can show you an example later.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 84
(9,481 Views)

Thank u mike but it'll be better if u can show me the example as soon as possible..

Best regards 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 84
(9,463 Views)

Hi toufic,

sorry for the delay. Please see the attached example. With the "get" button you send a signal to copy the current image into a picture control. Example02 is the main vi.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Message 34 of 84
(9,437 Views)

Thank u so much Mike for ur help I really appreciate:)

Best regards and Good luck!!

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 84
(9,421 Views)

McArthur, THIS-IS-GREAT!

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 84
(9,101 Views)

Hi Mike S81,

I saw many thanks replies on your example, but I cannot get it work. I've installed all native software for Logitech C170 web cam, but just getting black screen without any errors instead of video. Any ideas on that? May be I've missed some driver or....? I able to get video only via web cam's software, but not into LV. 

There are no NI Vision dependable VI's installed on my PC

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 84
(8,883 Views)

Hi Alex,

which OS do you use? Which LabVIEW version? Did you get any errors?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 84
(8,799 Views)

Very good program....Thanks alot..!!!!

---------------- Be Good. Do Good. ---------------------
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 84
(8,629 Views)

Hi MikeS81,

When I run your VI - I see the webcam's image in the 2nd window (see the roll of tape in the attached JPEG), but only a green blank image in the first window.  When I click 'get', it takes the picture of the green window.  Do you know how to make the roll of tape stream be in the first window?

Thanks so much!

James

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 84
(8,494 Views)