cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 columns of spreadsheet data into indicator and into an FFT

Solved!
Go to solution

Problem Description :

i have ben away from labview for many years. Now i am trying to take 2 columns of spreadsheet data, read them into the 'read delimited spreadsheet vi,' and display both columns on the front panel of my
VI.   I can only get one column to display.

then I want to plot the power spectrum of this data without having to use extra
 loops, arrays, etc.  

Labview has an example vi  that does half of what I want to do

(Amplitude spectrum (sim).vi).  The spectrum analysis is done using inputs from a signal generator vi instead of reading from a spreadsheet.  Also the (Amplitude spectrum (sim).vi  uses a real world vi that produces a time index for the x axis .  it also adds noise to the data, which I do not want to do.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,086 Views)

Please post some code. Make sure you are taking the 2D array of data output from Read Spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,085 Views)

What is in column 1, what is in column 2?  I assume column 2 contains amplitudes.  Is column 1 happen to be timestamps, or is it amplitudes for a different channel of data?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,081 Views)

Here is the data file (2 colums 256 rows long) of numerical integers, csv format).  the Labview example vi named 'read spreadsheet2.vi' asks for a file which i have included (data3.csv)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,070 Views)
I'll ask again.
@RavensFan wrote:

What is in column 1, what is in column 2?  I assume column 2 contains amplitudes.  Is column 1 happen to be timestamps, or is it amplitudes for a different channel of data?

All I see are 2 columns of sequential data.  Column 1, 1 through 257.  Column 2,  101 through 357.

What do they represent?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,050 Views)

here is the same vi with an added " rows = -1 on on the input of the read spreadsheet2.vi

it made no differnce in showing the 2nd column oof data,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,044 Views)

Are you using the comma delimiter? You shouldn't have to wire up the "rows" input.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,041 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HBNI

I see the problem.

Your delimiter for the Read from File.  You show a comma, but it is actually a comma and tab in there.

Right click and set display style to \codes to see.

Delete the contents of that constant and re-enter the comma.

Message 9 of 13
(6,040 Views)

Both columns are increasing series of integers.  column 1 will be the time steps. column 2 will hold measuement data later.  right now it is only an increaing series of integers.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,034 Views)