LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 channel oscilloscope not working on one channel, Better scope?

My experience with Labview is limited and I am just restarting after about a year. I have searched but do not see the answer to my question.

We upgraded from LV 7.0 to LV 7.1 and the 2 channel oscilloscope that is included as an example under V7.0 broke. I posted on the forum and was helped to download the updates to account for the legacy drivers. I did this and the scope started to work... sort of. I can't get channel 2 to work, the B channel. We have the 6036E mulitfcn board and the BNC-2120.

Does anyone know of a better LV scope or one that is available as free or shareware. I realize this could be written, but I don't have the expertise to do so at present. Or is there a way to fix the current scope? The only alternative I seem to have is to go back to V7.0 as this is the only scope I have.

Thank you in advance.

Robert Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,920 Views)
When you say you can't get channel 2 to work, do you mean you get an error or no signal? Since the example uses traditional DAQ, I'm going to assume that you've setup MAX for that. Can you run the test panel in MAX for channel 2? If that works, try any one of the shipping examples for traditional DAQ and see if you can get a signal. If you can get a signal in MAX for channel 1 but not 2, then are you sure that all of the connections are correct?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,905 Views)
Hello Robert,

From what I'm understanding you seem to have just installed LabVIEW 7.1 and are no longer able to load an application that you had running in LabVIEW 7.0.

What could be happening here is you may not have the installed the drivers for the DAQ device that you are using. I would recommend looking in the folder path C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib and make sure that you have folders in there called "Daq" and "DAQmx". If those folders do not exist, then download the latest version of the driver (NI-DAQ Version 7.4 for Windows 2000/NT/XP) and make sure that you enable support for LabVIEW 7.1.

If the program you are running is a VI, then you might want to look inside the VI and see why there is the broken arrow as that would give you a better idea as to what is missing or broken.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,882 Views)