cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Question

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

Im new to labview i currently reading a book and watching youtube lol but my boss now wants me to edit a projekt done before my time there are 2 issues

1. the on off switches are only clickable down in the right corner of the button he wants to be able to click anywhere on the button to activevate it or deactiavte it. Suggestions ?

2. the file that saves should take the name  date_var1_var2_var3 automaticly so you dont have to rename the files every time  date should be like this  year:month:day:clock:

if you could help me with this i would be real thankfull and i might buy you a beer or a redbull 🙂

cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,595 Views)

Hi NOsen,

1. Something is in front of your switches: remove it! If it is some kind of image: customize the buttons to embed a real decal!

2. There are functions to format strings like FormatIntoString and FormatDateTimeString…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,589 Views)

1. Something weird must be going on with your buttons. You should attach a VI with buttons that demonstrate this behavior. Perhaps there is some graphic or decal overlaying in a customized control that is blocking the mouse action to the button.

2. You can certainly do that. You just need date/time functions that create a string. Then use that string and build path to create the new file name.

Message 3 of 6
(2,586 Views)

Thank you both the button now works 

but im still unsure how to fix the filename thing mayby you know some search terms or perhaps a youtube clip or a howto that explains it a little more

thanks again 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,557 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NOsen

Hi NOsen,

search for the function names I mentioned above…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(2,550 Views)

Think i got it to work thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,514 Views)