From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 COM port swithching at once!!!

For testing purpose I made *A50$ to *A0$ so all the time I need to read 4 bytes. I tought this will make some difference but here also Its failing.  I will write and read * AA$ in same VI and will let you know.

Thanks a lot for your efforts gyus. Really greatful 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 117
(757 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

For testing purpose I made *A50$ to *A0$ so all the time I need to read 4 bytes. I tought this will make some difference but here also Its failing.  I will write and read * AA$ in same VI and will let you know.

What?  I thought you said you can't change the Arduino output format.  This is really confusing especially without any information about your Arduino code.

0 Kudos
Message 92 of 117
(748 Views)

@Nathan_B. wrote:

What?  I thought you said you can't change the Arduino output format.  This is really confusing especially without any information about your Arduino code.

I am not at all changing arduino output format. This is resonse of output and I am just changing range of response I am getting from arduino. This is user defined. Somethinhg like testing sequence. Initially it was set to *A0$ to *A50$....here number of bytes are 4 and 5 so for worst case I was using 5. For crosschecking I changed upper response from *A50$ to *A0$ to make bytes to read as 4 in all the time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 117
(741 Views)

I am using a testsequence in which I am sending total 35 times including all the commnads.

I changed all the command with *AA$ and in which upperresponse as *A50$ after timeout error also 35 times it got passed. I tested total 7 times test passed.  then I changed the upperresonse to *A0$ then also it got passed. 

What you suggest now?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 117
(730 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

I am using a testsequence in which I am sending total 35 times including all the commnads.

I changed all the command with *AA$ and in which upperresponse as *A50$ after timeout error also 35 times it got passed. I tested total 7 times test passed.  then I changed the upperresonse to *A0$ then also it got passed. 

What you suggest now?

To be honest, I don't really know what you just said.

So, you changed all of the commands in your test sequence to "*AA$" and it worked without errors?

0 Kudos
Message 95 of 117
(725 Views)

Yes command sent was *AA$ and response range upperresponse I changed *A0$ and *50$ and in both the cases it worked fine.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 117
(723 Views)

You see one test sequences have total 35 command response. i.e. total 35 times read and write. When once it got complete all 35 without error I say test passed.

Now I changes upperresponse *A0$ and *A50$. In later case I was getting timeout error becasue worst case byte need to read was 5 and actual 4. In both the ccases it was passed

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 117
(720 Views)

I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying but do you now understand what is going wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 117
(717 Views)

See I will explain now

Label Command Lower Response Upper Response
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
test *AA$ *A0$ *A050$
Off *S$ *SOK$  

This is my test sequence. For one test when all these read write passed then I say testing it passed. Now I tested in two condition one in which upperresponse is *A50$ and other in which *A0$. In both the case it passed. I run complete above test for both the cased i.e total 7 time all above command and it got passed

I have no idea what is going wrong?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 117
(709 Views)

Well, if that one particular command works, test a different one and see if there is a specific one that is breaking things.

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 117
(706 Views)