LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1d array transpose

Hi,

Currently i am working in labview. i want to traspose my row of 1D array into column. Can anyone tell me how to transpose 1D String array in labview. i Tried Transpose 2D array in labview 6i. It is not allowing me to connect string as the input array. It is expecting me to give Numeric Array.

thanks,

kalpana 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,940 Views)
In LabVIEW, there is only a visual difference between an array displayed as a row or column. You just change it on the front panel.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,919 Views)

If you need to combine it with some other arrays, you can transpose after you combine them. I believe if you use the "Build Array" with two 1D arrays, then you will get a 2D array with 2 rows and N columns (N is the length of the longer array). At that point you could transpose it to get 2 columns (often useful for writing to reports). If you right click on "Build Array" you can choose "concatenate inputs" which would result in a 1D array containing N+M elements, where N and M are the length of the two arrays you concatenate.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,880 Views)

If you want to add the 1D array as the last row of a 2D array, it is easy, just use the build array function like I said. If you want to add the 1D array as the last column, it's a bit trickier. You will have to transpose the 2D array, build the array, then transpose the 2D array back again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,875 Views)

Hi kalpana,

here you find the "Transpose 1D array" function you are looking for!

😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 5
(4,855 Views)