LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1D array from Excel to Labview

I am wanting to send data from Excel to a VI.   For the time being I am just using the standard VI, but eventually I am going to want to call an executable version of the VI.  My problem at the moment, I have been able to get certain variables sent from Excel to the VI (file duration, file path, etc), what I haven't been able to send is the 1D array of the file location times.  I found an example of 2D array, but I need a 1D array and it doesn't seem to want to cooperate.  I have included both my practice VI and macro for your information.  I feel like this should be a stupid question, but it is still vexing.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,012 Views)

Tim,

When I opened your Example VI I did not see anything that could be used to communicate with Excel, just some matrix manipulations. I found a Community example that reads data from a spreadsheet and displays the matrix or array on your front panel https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12287 . Does this seem like it is what you are looking for?

Scott B.
AE NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,950 Views)

I assume that you are using the Report Generation Toolkit functions.  I also assume that by a "1D Array" you mean a single row or column somewhere in the Excel Worksheet.

Have you looked at the Excel Get Data VI, found on the Excel General Palette, on the Excel Specific Palette, on the Report Generator Palette?  If you wire an array into the input terminal, you can specify the starting row/column and ending row/column for your read.  That should do the trick for you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,912 Views)