From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1D Array of Digital Waveform

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 1D array of digital waveform and I need to work with the data from it. I can't seem to get the "numbers" from it to work with any array function or any other type of function for that matter.

I need to be able to convert these so I can find a particular value in the array.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,493 Views)

Have you tried getting the components..?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,490 Views)

Yes, all of the digital data functions don't work with the 1D array of digital waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,481 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Neil_Helsel

So... you're just trying to get inside the array? Use a For loop or an Index Array node.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 4 of 8
(6,468 Views)

Please don't start new threads for existing discussions.

If you do it anyway, at least provide a link to the old discussion to prevent duplication of our efforts.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
(6,463 Views)

Now, is there any way to find the index when a value is 1 (as opposed to 0).

What I was trying to figure out here: it turns out the array is a 1D array of Digital Waveform not a boolean array.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,172 Views)

Have you tried separating the array into individual waveforms using Index Array VI?  You should be able to use the Get Waveform Components (Digital Waveform) VI on each wavefrom once you separate the array into its component waveforms.  Then you can convert the digital waveform into a Boolean Array using the Digital to Boolean Array VI.  You can then use boolean logic to determine when both waveforms output 1s.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,109 Views)

Thank you James. I was facing the same problem and your reply was helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,235 Views)