LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Guys, 

So I'm using a NI 9030 cRIO and I've set up a modbus ethernet server to control a Numatics G3. I've managed to map my ports to the appropriate Inputs and Outputs which I'm able to view individually but when I attempt to use them at the same time this error keeps popping up for my input. Does anyone have an idea what this is? This occurs on both the read and write variables. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,982 Views)

How is the variable "INPUTS" configured?

When I look up the error message, it says

"LabVIEW DSC:  (Hex 0x8ABC8FCC) The specified data item address is not an allowable address for the Modbus slave device. If the Modbus I/O server requests a range of addresses in one command, but one or more addresses in the requested range does not exist in the Modbus slave device, this error returns for all data item addresses in the range. Refer to "Advanced Attribute Settings Dialog Box" in the LabVIEW Help to reduce the Maximum Data Points Per Command. If this error persists after you have set Maximum Data Points Per Command to 1 for any address in question, refer to the Modbus slave device documentation for information about supported addresses."

It sounds like the variable INPUTS is trying to get data from an address that doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,970 Views)

Hey thanks for the reply. I managed to get this working by setting up another modbus server with the same address on it. The data items i was trying to read and write from on the slave modbus were located in the 400001 to 465535 range which can be read or write operations. It's odd that I have to set up another server to perform the read functions seperate from the write function...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,936 Views)

That doesn't make sense to me.

You haven't told exactly how you configured the "INPUTS" address.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,926 Views)