LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1394 image acquisition

Hi,

Currently i have IMAQ 1394 driver version 1.5.0. Recently i've download an upgrade version IMAQ 1.5.3 from NI website and the MAX still cannot detect my camera and my system keep crashing everytime i click the devices and interfaces option.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,124 Views)
Hi again,

The upgrade for the 1.5.3 drivers is a patch to upgrade from 1.5.2. Without installing this intermediate driver set first it is possible that the drivers will not function correctly.

Although it is awkward, it may be best, for the sake of completeness, to uninstall the iSight and remove all versions of the N.I. IEEE-1394 drivers from your PC and reboot your PC at least twice. From this blank platform you can proceed forward by installing the N.I. 1394 1.5.2 drivers, reboot, then patch to 1.5.3, reboot, and then plug in your iSight camera.

NOTE: I have found a knowledge base that has raised an issue regarding conflicting 3rd party drivers (see link below), so installing the Macintosh drivers may not be the best idea at this stage.

Step 5 of the following document:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/c2f87c32f5627a0a862569e5006c17c4

Any issues, please let me kmow.
Cheers,
National Instruments | Northern California
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,116 Views)
Hi,

Can I also ask a question about firewire camera? I am a very beginner. I just have a firewire camera (supported by Labview) and the IEEE 1394 card in my computer. If we want to control the camera by Labview, do we have to buy something else ( e.g. NI IMAQ for 1394 camera or frame grabber) to make our system work?

thanks a lot!

Rong
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,096 Views)
Hi there Rong,

In order to use 1394 cameras with LabVIEW you will need to purchase the 'NI-IMAQ for 1394 Cameras' driver set.
With these installed you will be able to pull in images/video from any supported 1394 camera directly into LabVIEW for analysis.
For more info please follow this link:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=12892〈=US

If you have any further questions please do let me know.
Many thanks,
National Instruments | Northern California
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,090 Views)
Thank you, Rob!
You mean I don't need to buy PCI-8252? What is it used for? What is the difference between PCI-8252 and PXI-8252? Are they both for PC? Do they have other I/O ports except IEEE 1394 port?

Rong
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,085 Views)
limpid wrote:

> Thank you, Rob!<br>You mean I don't need to buy PCI-8252? What
> is it used for?

Well it is an IEEE-1394 interface but if your computer already has one
you don't need to install one from NI.

> What is the difference between PCI-8252 and PXI-8252? Are they both
> for PC?

PCI is a standard PCI plug in board. PXI is a bus electrically
compatible to PCI but with an entirely different mechanical form factor.
It is for special PXI chassis, a robust and ruggedized system mostly
used in industrial applications and test and measurement. As such it is
also a "bit" more expensive than normal PCs but can withstand extreme
manufacturing floor situations much easier.

> Do they have other I/O ports except IEEE 1394 port?

Well except that they have three IEEE-1394 ports, nothing that I could
see of!

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,082 Views)
Hi Rob,

I am trying to use Labview to control the firewire camera (AVT Marlin F145B2). Now I met a problem. That is when I ran the program, it appeared an error at the 'IMAQ 1394 Init', which was explained as ‘bad camera file’ (Error Number: 1074364403). Actually there is the camera file ‘AVT Marlin F145B2(# 41032) in the folder C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-IMAQ for IEEE-1394\Data, and I can use the MAX to acquire images. Could you give me some advice on where the error came from and how to solve this problem?

Many thanks.

Rong
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,195 Views)