From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

−1073807346 The given session or object reference is invalid.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello LabVIEW Community,

i changed the Software of an impedance measuremant device. On the one Notebook it works very fine and on the other with the same LabVIEW Version and the same operating software it doesn't.

When i run the Programm on the PC i always get these Error from one VISA Write:

−1073807346 The given session or object reference is invalid.

Can anyone of you please help me?

Kind regards

RubertIV

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,011 Views)

Sounds like you are trying to write to a serial port that doesn't exist on the second PC.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,006 Views)

Can you provide more information like what is the device, how the software is accessing it. Do you have the source code of the software? If it is some GPIB device I guess the Resource Name have to be checked. Please show the code for more information.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,000 Views)

i use the LabVIEW Versioin 11.0 (32 bit)

and the device is coupled with a GPIB-USB-B adapter

the communication with tthe device and Measurement & Automation Explorer also works on both PCs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,991 Views)

i cant post the code

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,990 Views)
Show how the instrument appears in MAX. Make sure you show the alias on both.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,982 Views)

Unbenannt.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,977 Views)
That shows the controller - not the instrument and for only one pc. Don't even know if that is the one that works or doesn't work. Since you didn't post the requested information, you'll have to do the comparison yourself after checking what alias your program is using.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,931 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RubertIV

I copied it once more at the pc and now it works, without any changes. i have no idea why

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,866 Views)