LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-1073807343 Timeout Errors on LabVIEW with NE1000 Pumps

Just found this thread by accident, wished I had seen it earlier.

Disclaimer: I am the author of the software referred to: SyringePumpPro.

There are a number of comments made by various people I would like to address.

The license key is only for one pump on a single PC.

It depends which license key you purchase. The software is for a single PC, but you can purchase a license key for one, 2, 3, 5 and 6+(99) pumps.

Download and use it for free to check your setup

You can download SyringePumpPro from my website www.syringepumppro.com and use it in trial mode. The trial lasts 14 days AFTER a pump is detected.

The trial will detect ALL correctly connected pumps but will only control the first detected pump. However it will monitor any connected pump and thus you know your cabling/configuration is correct. This is useful to LabView users as a way to confirm your pumps are communicating with the computer via your cabling.

The pump manual is ..... (not great).

I didn't write that manual, and I do know the chap who did. That man has a lot of experience and expertise in lab pumps - a heck of a lot.

After years referring to that manual and emailing the author tech questions, I have to say I find it the most amazingly complete and accurate manual. If you think the manual is terrible it's possibly a reflection on how well you understand the pumps. Takes time to learn these pumps. They are capable devices and thus complex at times to understand.

The timeout error.

When you talk to multiple pumps, you need to manage a que of commands to go out over the wire to the pumps and then match up the pump responses as they come back in.Depending on your application this can be easy or tough to do.

Sometimes pumps will say something without being asked. Talking to more than one pump can be complex depending what goes on in the real world during a given run.

Are you sure that the pumps are correctly configured? What your describing may be the result of two pumps connected with the same address. This will corrupt communications and cause no end of trouble.

Please download my software and use it to test your pumps' configuration and communications - you don't have to buy it do to that, but perhaps you might email me and let me know it was of some use to you as a thank you.

Please feel free to email me, timb@syringepumppro.com for more help.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(697 Views)
Hello Everyone, I am also working on how to control multiple syringe pumps using LabVIEW. As I am new to this field, I think I should first analyse the available data and the program's. As I was going through this documentation I found it very much useful but unlikely I am using LabVIEW version 10. Due to that I am not able to open the .vi codes. I request you if you can please just save the .vi files with LabVIEW version 10 and upload it again. It will be really helpful for my project study. Thanking you all in Advance.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(598 Views)

@HemangVaidya wrote:
Hello Everyone, I am also working on how to control multiple syringe pumps using LabVIEW. As I am new to this field, I think I should first analyse the available data and the program's. As I was going through this documentation I found it very much useful but unlikely I am using LabVIEW version 10. Due to that I am not able to open the .vi codes. I request you if you can please just save the .vi files with LabVIEW version 10 and upload it again. It will be really helpful for my project study. Thanking you all in Advance.

Zip up the VIs/project and request your version conversion at the dedicated forum board:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/bd-p/VersionConversion

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(592 Views)