LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-1073807298 occurred at VISA Write

Yesterday, my application starting throwing this error for no apparent reason. However the code I am using has been working for months. If I clear the VISA error after the VISA Write and before the VISA Read, communications work just fine.

If I use MAX to communicate, I see the error during the query, but the session utility must do something similar to what I am doing to clear it before the read, because MAX completes the query without issue.

My question is what exactlyt causes this error to occur, is there some programmable way to squelch it so I don't have to change all of myt VISA Write calls and clear the error?

This is occurring with LabVIEW 2012 SP1.

Thank you for any assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,957 Views)

What are you trying to communicate with?  What bus are you using?

That error points to an I/O Error.  The fact that you got it on the write tells me that there is something wrong with your bus controller.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,946 Views)

I'm using the COM port (RS-232) of a GMS Raider S905 controller. It had been working for several months without this error, but suddenly appeared after performing VISA Write's to the test set I am interfacing to.

I'm trying to fnd more specific information about this error to share with my vendor, but my search hasn't yielded much, other tha a few knowledge base articles that are several years old, and not sure if they apply to my situation or not.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,894 Views)

Hi I have the same problem but I use an usb connection, more in detail an interruption usb.

Mi program in LabVIEW 12.0 works fine until this error appear at an aleatory time (I think that, but i am not sure).

So, how can I solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,750 Views)

My problem ended up being a problem with the UART's, but I worked around the issue by clearing the error being reported after my VISA Write command, not sure if this will solve your issue or not.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,736 Views)