From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1031/1026 error on call by reference, connector pane ok

Hi,

I am using the call by reference (CBR) node to call various VIs depending on the file selected. I have supplied the CBR node with a reference from an open VI ref, wired up using a static VI ref (strictly typed). This is so parameters can be passed into the CBR node by wires.

This is all good and works for a bunch of existing VIs (I'll call these function VIs - hopefully it's not too confusing) fed into the open VI ref node. But strangely when I make a new function VI, copy in the controls/indicators from an existing, working function VI, and wire up the connector pane in the same way, I get a 1031 (bad connector pane) error from the open VI ref node and a 1026 (invalid VI ref) resulting from the CBR. If I instead duplicate a working function VI and replace the innards, which I would think is equivalent, this works.

My question is, is this a bug? Or is the open VI ref node with a strictly typed reference sensitive to VI properties beyond the connector pane?

Sorry I have not attached the VI that is a problem. It is awkward I guess to attach an example VI because the template VI takes a class as an input, and outputs another typedef as well, so there are several files.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,035 Views)

You mention a class - does the class refer to the same, exact, name-spaced class? (ie. not one that has been additionally namespaced by a project library)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,016 Views)

Hi, thanks for replying. Classes are relatively new LV ground for me, and I'm not familiar with the concept of "name-spaced". The class is in a virtual folder in a project, I will attach an image showing this below. How can I ensure the class is exactly the same when using it in another VI (if I'm understanding correctly that this may be the problem)?

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 08.57.02.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,988 Views)

Based on what you have said, I don't think this is the issue. Classes (like any other LabVIEW file) get namespaced by project libraries and are thus considered different by the compiler then the same class outside the library. But you are not using project libraries in your example.

Can you show an example of the behaviour you are seeing?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,946 Views)
What version of LabVIEW? What OS?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5