From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-wire DS18B20

Hello,

I have gone through differents posts on the forum, but still did not found the answer for my specific DAQ.

I have a 6221 USB model and would like to read a 1-wire DS18B20 sensor. Is  there any code available for it ?

Please help... ;(

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(6,736 Views)

Hi,

You are using USB 6221 so you can only use Digital Input Signals for TTL digital logic levels. DS18B20 is a 1-Wire digital temperature sensor, you have to read the digital temperature from the 1 wire protocol of the DS18B20.

Have a look at:  Reading 1-Wire DS18B20 and DS18S20 Via a Serial or USB Adapter

Using cRIO or sbRIO

The following  should work as a generic example for implementing 1-wire protocol on the CompactRIO or Single-BoardRIO platforms.

For more informations please go to : 1-Wire Interface for cRIO and sbRIO - DS18B20 or DS18S20

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(6,718 Views)

I also thought so. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(6,712 Views)

you're  welcome  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(6,710 Views)

Hi, I know this is three years old but the link for the FPGA code is broken. Do you happen to have a copy of the project ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(6,083 Views)

Hi zmod,

it seems the code is lost in the "great reorganization", which happened in the community in the last months.

I already notified the moderators to help you to find that code example.

(You might search for "DS18B20" in the Code section of the community to find an article on "FPGA 1-wire interface". But even this article references missing code…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(6,077 Views)

Thanks. I spent a few hours last night trying to find it and searching without much luck. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(6,069 Views)

Hi zmod_cz,

I apologize for the delay. The document with the example code you are referencing is a personal document that did not get migrated over. I'm currently working on getting the code for you.

I appreciate your patience and hope to get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(6,048 Views)

Hi zmod_cz,

I apologize for the delay. We received notification from the author to send you the document. The author mentioned he will be posting the document back to the community in a couple of weeks.  Please look for a private message from me with the attachment.

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(5,972 Views)

Hello Kristi,

Is it possible for you to share the VI for reading DS18B20 using sbRIO?

Thanks a lot

Gaurav

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(5,386 Views)