LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1's complement with Hex string conversion

@GerdW wrote:

Hi bala,

what about using an AND gate of 0x1FF to catch the 9 LSBs? Instead of the current 0x1F, which only gets 5 LSBs...

Don't know where my other "F" went.  Thank GerdW.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,525 Views)

According to section 3.1 of the document you posted here in this thread the attached code will generate a formated frame.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,506 Views)

Thank you very much for the answers now i am able to get the 1's complement correctly by adding 1FF to the AND gate.

I am attaching the manual with this post please have a look.

regards,

Bala

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,492 Views)

bala1234,

The attached vi is based on information from the instrument manual.  I noticed that the message format calls out for the 'Cks' to be transmitted as two ASCII characters.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,473 Views)

@Wayne.C wrote:

bala1234,

The attached vi is based on information from the instrument manual.  I noticed that the message format calls out for the 'Cks' to be transmitted as two ASCII characters.

That is very similar to my version posted above.  I was going to point out that your array sum will not handle roll over situations but then I realized that it doesn't need to.  Only the last byte is used anyway so my extra numeric conversions to U32 and back to U8 in my code is unnecessary...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(3,466 Views)

paulmw,

Sorry I'm running LV8.6.1 and couldn't view your vi.  Sounds like our friend has a couple of vi's to try now.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,453 Views)