From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 ms time delay due to signal racing.

Hello all,

I am doing single molecule spectroscopy, and I use Labview 7 for data aquisition. We have dual Avalance Photodetectors who must have data collected in synchronism so as to be able to match 'events' in each channel. We wrote a labview program using buffered event counting, and the timers are simultaneously armed with a pulse from counter 3.

In troubleshooting, we saw that we have a 1 ms delay in the acceptor channel, in that the two do not start collecting at the same time, even though the program should initialize them together.

Kevin Price said that " Very likely, the main problem is that your Ctr3 pulsetrain is started and running before your buffered counters are started. As your code executes, one of your buffered counters is started just before the other. It may well see a trigger and gate before the code to start the other counter can run. This problem would go away if you start Ctr3 after starting the two buffered counters."

I am still new at programming this whole shebang (research assistant) and any help for this problem would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much,

-Chuck
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,110 Views)
Hello C.

I had a quick look at your Block Diagram and I would suggest using a sequence structure around both Control.vi used to program counters 0 and 1. Also, do not have the error cluster go from one to the other... They should be parallel.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,076 Views)