LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0x7AEFC6DC

My company has LabView 2011 installed on one of our process control PCs.  We had a 3rd party contractor develop an app that uses LabView.  Occasionally, this app will lock up and the task associated with the app will need to be restarted.  Other times, the PC will lock up and have to be rebooted.  When I invoke LabView on the PC, I get a message stating that an internal warning occurred the last time LabView was run.  I have attached the log that was generated.  I have a few questions related to this issue:

1. Does the log file provide any information about why the PC might be locking up?
  2. Would you recommend repairing the LabView install through Add/Remove Programs in order to try and resolve the issues?
  3. If I were to run the Add/Remove Programs Repair option, would I be required to provide activation codes or serial numbers?
  4. Are there any patches that might be appropriate for our LabView install?
  5. Do you have any other diagnostic tips or steps that might help me understand why the PC is locking up?

The PC is a Dell OptiPlex 7010 with Windows 7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, and dual quad core i7 3.4 GHz processors.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,937 Views)

@WillTom wrote:

My company has LabView 2011 installed on one of our process control PCs.  We had a 3rd party contractor develop an app that uses LabView.  Occasionally, this app will lock up and the task associated with the app will need to be restarted.  Other times, the PC will lock up and have to be rebooted.  When I invoke LabView on the PC, I get a message stating that an internal warning occurred the last time LabView was run.  I have attached the log that was generated.  I have a few questions related to this issue:

1. Does the log file provide any information about why the PC might be locking up?
  2. Would you recommend repairing the LabView install through Add/Remove Programs in order to try and resolve the issues?
  3. If I were to run the Add/Remove Programs Repair option, would I be required to provide activation codes or serial numbers?
  4. Are there any patches that might be appropriate for our LabView install?
  5. Do you have any other diagnostic tips or steps that might help me understand why the PC is locking up?

The PC is a Dell OptiPlex 7010 with Windows 7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, and dual quad core i7 3.4 GHz processors.

Why do you think that uninstalling/re-installing LabVIEW will solve the problem?

Are you running an executable or running a VI in development mode?

If running an executable, why would you think that a program would run "out of the box" without any debugging required?

If running in development mode, call in the developer and have them debug their program.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,894 Views)

I'm not sure that uninstalling and reinstalling would make any difference.  The developer said they had seen uninstalling and reinstalling resolve problems in the past.  I have tried various other tactics (disabling firewall and antivirus, etc) without resolution of the issue.

We are running an executable.

The developer has debugged.  The problem is intermittent and had not been occurring on a previous PC.  The old PC failed and a new PC replaced it.

Do you know what might be the cause of the errors in the log file that I had attached and whether there are any applicable patches for LabView 2011?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,816 Views)

@WillTom wrote:

I'm not sure that uninstalling and reinstalling would make any difference.  The developer said they had seen uninstalling and reinstalling resolve problems in the past.  I have tried various other tactics (disabling firewall and antivirus, etc) without resolution of the issue.

We are running an executable.

The developer has debugged.  The problem is intermittent and had not been occurring on a previous PC.  The old PC failed and a new PC replaced it.

Do you know what might be the cause of the errors in the log file that I had attached and whether there are any applicable patches for LabView 2011?

No idea about the log file.

NI Update Manager should help with patches if there are any for your version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,808 Views)

Do the routines named ISetGPort or GetDC mean anything to you?  These seem to be the failing routines.  Do you have the sources for the third-party app?  Are these two routines part of it?  What do they do?  Is there a possibility that they are mis-interacting with your hardware?  Could there be a timing/driver issue when you upgraded your PC?

If you don't have the sources for the two routines mentioned above, ask the Developer (nicely) if they would supply them to you for debugging purposes, and ask if you could share code questions with the LabVIEW Forum community.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,799 Views)

Thanks for your responses.  Will have to pose the questions that you asked to the developer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,795 Views)