LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run the rxe file

Hello,

I am Japanese, so excuse me if my question is hard to understand.

I have a problem in running rxe file on NXT.
I tryed to use Basic Chart.vi in the examples using debug command in the NXT terminal.
The VI was succesfully compiled and downloaded to the NXT,  but it failed to run.

When I run the downloaded file manually, there was a File error message on the display of the NXT.

My labview version is 7.1.0.4000, and there might be some errors in Mass compiling.

Below is the message when I tried to Mass compile.

#### Starting Mass Compile: 2008年7月2日 18:41:42
  Directory: "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\addons"
Failed to load (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\shared\NXTToolkit.GetRelevantContexts_8_0.vi)
Failed to load (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\shared\NXTToolkit.OpenVIRefInContext_8_0.vi)
Failed to load (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\shared\NXTToolkit.RemoveScrollbars_8_0.vi)
#### Finished Mass Compile: 2008年7月2日 18:42:58
There was a same question in Message 55 of "LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT bugs ",
but I couldn't find the answer to this question.

Does anybody know the solution?

Thank you

S. Komatsuzaki
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,434 Views)

@Zaki wrote:

I tryed to use Basic Chart.vi in the examples using debug command in the NXT terminal.
The VI was succesfully compiled and downloaded to the NXT,  but it failed to run.

When I run the downloaded file manually, there was a File error message on the display of the NXT.

It turns out that the "File Error" message is a very generic error. It means something went wrong without much explanation but it is a run-time error.  Do you get the same failure with all example programs or just that one?  Did you make any changes to Basic Chart.vi or is that the actual one that ships with the toolkit?

The compiler errors you saw are definitely not related. Since you are using 7.1, the mass-compile phase is complaining about VIs that are only used if you were using 8.0 and up.

Joel Sumner
NI-Shanghai
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,407 Views)
Thank you for your reply,

I didn't make any changes to Basic chart.vi in the toolkit, and I got same failure with all programs.

By the way,
I found the comments below in the readme file of the toolkit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition, you must be a licensed user of one of the following software packages:

• LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT Software
  • LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education NXT Software

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that is the cause of my problem, since I have only ROBOLAB 2.9.
So, I am plannning to get Education NXT software.

Do you thin this will solve my problem?

If yes, I want to ask one more question.
Are there any difference between  normal NXT Software and Education version when used with the toolkit?

Thank you

S. Komatsuzaki
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,398 Views)
I suspect this is a firmware issue.  Robolab uses different firmware than the Mindstorms retail/education/LV Toolkit firmware. Since you've been using Robolab, you need to use the Mindstorms NXT retail or educational software to change the firmware back to the being compatible with the toolkit.
Joel Sumner
NI-Shanghai
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,387 Views)

I'll try with the NXT software.

Thank you very much.

S. Komatsuzaki

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,381 Views)