LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sw redistribution, including fantom and labview

Hi, 
I'm working on a communication library for LISP interpreters - NXT mindstorms and I would like to share it.

In particular it includes "fantom/iNXT.h", "fantom/iNXTIterator.h" and "fantom/tStatus.h"

Does the license allows it redestribution of the compiled binary? Under which license can I release my softeware? Sorry but I can't understand it.

I ask this question because many of my collaborators have only a limited informatics knowledge and asking them to download the sdk by themself, use Visual Studio and compile it is really out of their league, so I would like to just upload the library and the source code (eventually including the sdk, or a link to the sdk, so that they can recompile it if they want, but they're not forced to do it).

I hope I have been clear
Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,568 Views)

Hi,

You can find all info in License Agreement (attached below).

Here an excerpt of the document with the part that should interest you:

YOU MAY:

(iv) use content created through use of the Software for any non-commercial purpose;

(v)  use the Software to develop and distribute non-commercial applications for the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT, LEGO MINDSTORMS RCX 2.0, the LEGO MINDSTORMS Scout, the LEGO MINDSTORMS MicroScout and the LEGO Spybotics programmable bricks. If you wish to use the Software to develop commercial applications, please contact a LEGO representative.

YOU MAY NOT:

(i) permit other individuals to use the Software except under the terms listed above;

(ii) modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by law) or create derivative works based upon the Software or Documentation;

(iv) resell, rent, lease, transfer, distribute, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software or Documentation;

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,538 Views)

Hi, thank you very much, I just don't understand the following:

You may only use the Software as follows:
(i) use the Software on one single computer;
(ii) use the Software on a second computer so long as the first
and second computers are not used simultaneously;

How can I redestribute it if I am not allowed to use it on more than one simultaneously and up to 2 computers? What does the single computer apply to and what does the redestribution apply to?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,523 Views)

You can't.

YOU MAY NOT:

(iv) resell, rent, lease, transfer, distribute...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,505 Views)

ok, I won't but, so why "you may" + "use the Software to develop and distribute non-commercial applications...", if I can't distribute it.

It's really really obscure to me

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,497 Views)