LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site License Issue

Hi,

We purchased a site license of LabView for Lego Mindstorms.

As we clone our workstations from an image, the license of LabView gets invalid, because the machine name an the harddisk serial-number of each clone is different.

We have a pool of about 200 clients and therefore it is impossible to install the license on each machine manually.

Question:

- Is there any possibility to get a license for NI volume license manager that allows the clients to authenticate against?

- Or is there any other solution to this problem available?

Thanks for helping

markus

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,780 Views)

Hi Markus,

I understand that it is not possible for you to activate each of the 200 clients by hand.

It is possible to create a Image from a activated clinet and copy it on the 200 machines. Take a look into this document:

Create an Image Containing NI Software Without Activating on Each Computer - Developer Zone - National Instruments
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6283

It is maybe also possible to use a Volume License Manager to distribute a license to each client.

It is not possible for me to recommend a solution for your use case. The easiest way is to call the technical support from National Instruments and talk with an Application Engineer about the possible solutions.

Regards,

Stephan

NI Germany

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,770 Views)

Hi markus,

I just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to resolve your issues. If not, please let us know and we'll see what we can do for you. Thanks.

- Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,668 Views)

Hi Aaron,

Our issues could be resolved. After long discussions with support team from NI, the use of Volume License Manager (VLM) was the one and only solution that works, as our depolyment tool changes the serial number of the system partition for each client/workstation.

Unfortunately we had to pay extra for this solution. I think, that creation and delivery of a license-file for VLM should be free for holders of any NI-site license (as we are!).

Best regards

Markus

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,664 Views)