LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming a NXT Solar Tracking Station

Hello,

I have built a NXT Solar Station to track the sun and focus the light onto a solar panel. In order to make it function, I have also made a NXT Program. There are two motors: Motor A rotates the base, and Motor B changes the angle of the panel. Light sensor readings stop the motors when the brightest location is found. So far, all that the program does is to rotate Motor B without utilizing the light sensor at all; if someone could help troubleshoot this program, that would be great.

Thank you!

P.S. The attached link opens a folder containing .rbt program file in question. It is named 'Solar Water' and you will need to download it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,475 Views)

Hello nxtfan,

Is there a way you might be able to post screenshots of your program as well?  Many people, who could be very helpful, do not trust downloading files from the internet.  Also, which component are you focusing on to get working?  

| Zach J. | Systems Engineer, HIL and Test Cells | National Instruments |
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(9,457 Views)
Will do! Also, I'm trying to get the switches working smoothly. I've now designed a few different programs and are testing them.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(9,452 Views)

Hello,

Here are the screenshots for rotation of the y-axis.

10.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

3-2.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

7-2.png

8.png

8-2.png

8-3.png

8-4.png

8-5.png

9.png

9-2.png

9-3.png

9-4.png

9-5.png

The x-axis will be similar. I will work on them when the y-axis is troubleshooted.

However, I am also encountering an error upon downloading and running the program.

The code is 1057. Do you have any idea as to how to solve this?

Thanks,

nxtfan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(9,342 Views)