LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need NXT Firmware update for my old NXT Brick.

Solved!
Go to solution

HI

I now have LV 2013.  Also, I now have the new LV Lego Module downloaded on my computer.  I believe my Brick needs a NXT Firmware update.  Is this so?  Do you have directions along with a link for the download?

Thank you for your time

dunnor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,203 Views)

Hi Dunnor,

It *shouldn't* be difficult to update the firmware, but due to a mistake on my part, if the NXT has ROBOTC Firmware it might be. If you have an old version of LabVIEW firmware or NXT-G firmware, you should get a popup saying the firmware is out of date with a button to open the firmware update tool. However, if the existing firmware is ROBOTC, you should force the brick into firmware update mode by holding down a button on the back of the brick that can only be accessed with a screwdriver or paperclip, and then open the firmware update tool under Tools>>NXT/EV3 Terminal>>Update Firmware.  

Here's a link showing how to force an NXT into firmware update: http://www.neisd.net/et/robotics/documents/resettingyournxtbrick.pdf

Alternatively, replace the VI at "<LabVIEW>\Targets\NI\NXT\NXTToolkit\Terminal\Memory" with this one

Message 2 of 3
(6,182 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dunnor
THANKS! For the info, and for responding.

dunnor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,172 Views)