LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXT Mindstorm Display Malfunction

I am running a class using the NXT Toolkit in LabVIEW.  We used these same units last year in the same course.  This year six of the Mindstorms work, but the display does not work.  I've tried changing batteries to see if there is a voltage problem, but aside from that I do not have any ideas. 

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,706 Views)

You may be interested in the details of the discussion here:

http://forums.nxtasy.org/index.php?showtopic=2713

To summarize: if you're brave and have the right tools and knowledge, resoldering some capacitors will likely fix your problem.  If not, calling the LEGO Education customer support line is also a good option.

[edit: added hyperlink to URL text]

Message Edited by James B. on 09-18-2008 04:45 PM
------
James Blair
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,705 Views)
Hi All

I 've seen allready the question but did not seen the answer:

I am using Labview 7.1 , my ultrasonic sensor actualy does not measure any distance ; it sends always 255.

What could be the problem for that?

TX Arik

my personal email is : arik_123@walla.com

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,404 Views)

Hi Arik:

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your ultrasonic sensor.  I'd be happy to suggest some additional troubleshooting tips.  However, your question is unrelated to the current thread topic, which is problems with the NXT display screen.  Please start a new thread to discuss your troubles, and I'll respond as soon as I can.  (Keep in mind that the U.S. has several holidays coming up, so I may not respond for a couple of weeks.)

Thanks!

------
James Blair
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,397 Views)

An update: after many discussions with Lego and the educational division of Lego it turns out that this is a fundamental problem with the *old* hardware design.  The new NXTs do not have the display flaw.

For our part, we had to order new NXT bricks.  The various fixes posted online were simply not reliable enough for classroom use.

Message 5 of 5
(7,334 Views)