LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIWeek recap

I just wanted to say thanks to all the NI folks, Lego folks, and Mindstorms fans at NIWeek.  It was great to meet many of the community members and some of the behind-the-scenes folks.  I hope I get to meet more of the community and renew this year's acquaintences again in the future, maybe at NIWeek next year or Brickfest or somewhere else.

Regards,
   Dave T.
-------------------------------------------------------------
David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
-------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,642 Views)

I second Dave in saying the same thanks etc,etc,

LONG live the NXT and Merlot is a splendid wine. Although Wednesday morning felt not so sunny.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,639 Views)
I agree - it was nice to meet the LEGO community members as well as you LabVIEW users who have been using the Mindstorms product as well (Albert and Dave).  Hopefully we can get a good community going here.

J

Jason King
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,631 Views)
Yes, it was wonderful finally putting faces with names, and thank you all for making us LabVIEW newcomers feel very welcome. I grabbed a LabVIEW book at the bookstore the other day, and it's time for me to start learning the NXT-G undercarriage. And yes, Wednesday morning was tough, and I was only having softdrinks.

Albert, I think you mentioned to me a list of LabVIEW shortcuts or keyboard commands. I was wondering if you had a pointer to this?

--
Brian Davis
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,616 Views)
Brian, I think they were talking about that being part of the packaging of LabVIEW versions from long ago, but perhaps I'm wrong.  Regardless, most of those shortcuts are disabled in NXT-G.  I don't know if you wanted it to aid in your LabVIEW programming or in mindstorms, but we removed most of them from Mindstorms as they just allowed the user to get themselves into trouble.

J

Jason King
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,602 Views)

But Brian now also have LabVIEW to play with so here they are for LabVIEW

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/D6B3873AFCF2CB7886256D2B006F4071?OpenDocument&node=13210...

on this page is a pdf with the shortcuts

success

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,588 Views)