LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor NXT-to-NXT Messages on PC

I want to monitor messages on my PC that are received by a BT NXT client. The NXT client is receiving BT messages from another NXT (master).  My PC application (attached) works pretty well using Direct Commands (NXTToolkit.DC.MessageRead.vi). It just displays the messages as they come in. The problem is that the NXT client is also reading the messages using the NXT_ReadMessages.vi, which removes the message from the mailbox once its read. So the PC Monitor program misses messages occasionally. I can slow down the NXT client VI so that the PC Monitor has time to see the message first. This works, but then I run the risk of missing messages sent to the client. I'm using a USB connection between the PC and the NXT (client) which in turn is paired with the NXT (master) that's sending the messages. So I'm looking for a more reliable way to do this. Is there a way to have the NXT client send the message received directly to the PC? This would be more deterministic and I wouldn't miss messages. In the NXTToolkit.DC.MessageRead.vi, there is an option to set "Read Masters Inbox", which I don't quite understand. Also, I'm just noticing that the NXTToolkit.DC.MessageRead.vi NXT_WriteMessage.vi, when Connection 0 is selected, will copy a message into the local out box. I don't know what that is. Maybe I could store a message there and have the PC Monitor read those messages, but I'm not sure that I'd be ahead.
Greg R.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,869 Views)