From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT in Windows Vista

Anybody knows how install LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT with Windows Vista?. Installing it gives me an error that says 'The windows installer is corrupt. To attempt to resolve the issue, please register the engine by running regsvr32.exe on msi.dll'. But it doesn´t work.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(12,967 Views)

hi,

I have the same problem on vista 64 bit. nearly, I have bought a new computer, vista 64 bit. but now I couldn't install labview toolkit on my laptop. It gives same error message like juanbedia. have you got any idea, anybody??????????? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(12,896 Views)

right click on the toolkit and run as administrator

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(12,069 Views)

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem.  I have tried right clicking to run Setup as Administrator but I still get the same error that was described. 

I have a Dell PC running 64 bit Vista.

I would greatly appreciate any help in getting the NXT Toolkit working on this machine.

Thanks,
Gus

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(11,804 Views)

I will be looking into this today.  What version of LabVIEW are you using and what version of the LabVIEW NXT Toolkit are you attempting to install.

Cheers,

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(11,792 Views)

Mark, thanks for looking into this.

I'm using LabVIEW 7.1.1. and the NXT Toolkit I am attempting to install is for the NXT 1.0.   I also tried installing the Toolkit for 2.0 but I had the same result.

I'm using an older version of LabVIEW and the Toolkit because I need to be able edit and create blocks for the NXT 1.0 software.

Thanks,

Gus

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(11,788 Views)

On a clean test machine I was able to install LabVIEW 7.1.1 and the NXT Toolkit 2.0 without issue.  I was logged in as an administrator during the install.

Was there any other NI software installed on the machine before you attempting to install the NXT toolkit?  When running the 2.0 NXT installer it should be installing the NXT Driver x64 - can you confirm this software is selected to install?

At what point during the installation do you receive the error?

-Mark

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(11,762 Views)

Mark,

The only other NI software I have installed on the machine is the LEGO Mindstorms NXT software.  My installation fails almost immediately after launching setup.exe from the downloaded and expanded NXT toolkit.  When I first run setup.exe I get the Vista warning that A protram needs my permission to continue.  As soon as I hit Continue, I get:

NXTToolkitError.jpg

I attempted to run regsvr32.exe but had no clue what to do. 

I never got to a point where I had an option to install the NXT Driver x64.  The LEGO Mindstorms software runs fine so there should be no problem with the NXT Driver.

If you want to exhange email directly you can reach me at Gus at HiTechnic dot com.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(11,758 Views)

The work around for this issue is to install each of the MSI files setup.exe calls when running the installer.  I was able to reproduce this issue for the 1.0 toolkit I was unable to do so for the 2.0 toolkit.  This being said the instructions bellow are for those of you who are running into this issue with the 2.0 toolkit.

Listed bellow are the MSIs  you will need to run (shown here at their default location after the self extracting EXE has been run).  You should run these MSI in the following order.

1. C:\National Instruments Downloads\LabVIEW\7.1\LabVIEW NXT Toolkit\2.0\Products\MetaUninstaller\MU\MetaUninstaller.msi
  1. C:\National Instruments Downloads\LabVIEW\7.1\LabVIEW NXT Toolkit\2.0\Products\MDFSupport\MDF\MDFSupport.msi
  1. C:\National Instruments Downloads\LabVIEW\7.1\LabVIEW NXT Toolkit\2.0\Products\MDFSupport\MDF\EULADepot.msi
  1. C:\National Instruments Downloads\LabVIEW\7.1\LabVIEW NXT Toolkit\2.0\Products\LVLEGONXTTK\LVLEGONXTTK\LVLEGONXTTK.msi
  1. C:\National Instruments Downloads\LabVIEW\7.1\LabVIEW NXT Toolkit\2.0\Products\LVLEGONXTTK_LV71\LVLEGONXTTK_LV71\LVLEGONXTTK_LV71.msi
  1. C:\National Instruments Downloads\LabVIEW\7.1\LabVIEW NXT Toolkit\2.0\Products\NXT_Driver64\LegoMindstormsNXTdriver64.msi
A similar procedure can be used to install the 1.0 toolkit if need be.  You can get the install order from the parts from the [Parts] section of the setup.ini.  

Mark
NI App Software R&D
Message 9 of 11
(11,747 Views)
Labview Toolkit for Lego Mindstorms NXT dont run on 64 bits, u need to install windows xp o vista 32 bits
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(11,486 Views)