LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT bugs

im using the NXT terminal of the NXT module in the tool window of labview, i used every button (compile, download n run..... debug, and compile n download) but all of them took a long time to compile, and the warning always appear....

im using labview 8.5....   what can i do?, its almost impossible to me, make fine tuning correction because every compile take long time... 

any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 81 of 139
(14,318 Views)
So did you follow this procedure in the release notes?

• To run the toolkit efficiently, you must mass compile the toolkit VIs in the version of LabVIEW in which you install the toolkit. Complete the following steps to mass compile the LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT.
    1. Launch the version of LabVIEW in which you installed the toolkit.
    2. Select Tools»Advanced»Mass Compile.
    3. Browse to the labVIEW\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit folder and select Current Directory (LabVIEW 8.x) or Curr Dir (LabVIEW 7.1).
    4. Select Mass Compile to begin the mass compile process.

Also, if you are using 8.5, make sure you download the 1.0.1 patch from http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4435
Joel Sumner
NI-Shanghai
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 139
(14,303 Views)
Hi,
I am user of the program LabView Student Edition 7.1.1 and I am using it in the extent of my dissertation to program a robot Lego Mindstorms NXT (Firmware V 1.05). My intention is to collect data with the robot through rotation sensors of the lego. When I transfer the program for the robot an error message appears  saying that it cannot open the VI because it is protected by password (see image in http://fisicaequimicaa.com.sapo.pt/mensagem%20de%20erro.jpg). This message only began to appear when I introduced into the program the code to export the data collected to a ficheiro that can be opened in Excel. Before, when in the program just had the sensor and the graph this mistake didn't appear and the program worked well. The program that I use has the addons made available on NI page to work with the robots NXT and with Robolab.
I would appreciate your help to solve this problem. If there is a problem in the code I would appreciate your help in with clues on how to solvew it.

Thankyou and Best Regards
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 139
(14,186 Views)
I have just installed Labview 8.0 on Mac OS X 10.5.3 (Leopard). The computer is a Macbook Pro (Intel). I downloaded the LabVIEW Toolkit for MacOS from https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evallegotoolkit/content.xhtml. When I try to connect to the NXT device using the "Terminal" within Labview, Labview freezes and crashes. This has happened three times now. Is there a fix for this problem?

Thank you,

James
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 139
(14,159 Views)

@Onnimikki wrote:
I have just installed Labview 8.0 on Mac OS X 10.5.3 (Leopard). The computer is a Macbook Pro (Intel). I downloaded the LabVIEW Toolkit for MacOS from https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evallegotoolkit/content.xhtml. When I try to connect to the NXT device using the "Terminal" within Labview, Labview freezes and crashes. This has happened three times now. Is there a fix for this problem?

Thank you,

James

Are you trying to connect with USB or with Bluetooth?
Joel Sumner
NI-Shanghai
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 139
(14,142 Views)

@rvcb wrote:
Hi,
I am user of the program LabView Student Edition 7.1.1 and I am using it in the extent of my dissertation to program a robot Lego Mindstorms NXT (Firmware V 1.05). My intention is to collect data with the robot through rotation sensors of the lego. When I transfer the program for the robot an error message appears  saying that it cannot open the VI because it is protected by password (see image in http://fisicaequimicaa.com.sapo.pt/mensagem%20de%20erro.jpg). This message only began to appear when I introduced into the program the code to export the data collected to a ficheiro that can be opened in Excel. Before, when in the program just had the sensor and the graph this mistake didn't appear and the program worked well. The program that I use has the addons made available on NI page to work with the robots NXT and with Robolab.
I would appreciate your help to solve this problem. If there is a problem in the code I would appreciate your help in with clues on how to solvew it.

Thankyou and Best Regards

I'd suggest trying to use the file primitives (open, write) instead of the write to spreadsheet file.
Joel Sumner
NI-Shanghai
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 139
(14,141 Views)
I'm using USB.
0 Kudos
Message 87 of 139
(14,137 Views)

@Onnimikki wrote:
I'm using USB.

We looked here and we've never seen that before. We'll try and duplicate it and see if we can make it happen here. In the meantime, can you look in your Apple System Profiler in the software area under frameworks and look at the version information for "fantom"?

Thanks
Joel Sumner
NI-Shanghai
0 Kudos
Message 88 of 139
(14,088 Views)
Hi,

Here's what it says:

Fantom:

Version: f0
Last Modified: 17/06/08 4:36 PM
Get Info String: LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Driver 1.1.1f0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007 National Instruments Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Private: No

@JS wrote:

@Onnimikki wrote:
I'm using USB.

We looked here and we've never seen that before. We'll try and duplicate it and see if we can make it happen here. In the meantime, can you look in your Apple System Profiler in the software area under frameworks and look at the version information for "fantom"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 89 of 139
(14,050 Views)

@Onnimikki wrote:
Hi,

Here's what it says:

Fantom:

Version: f0
Last Modified: 17/06/08 4:36 PM
Get Info String: LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Driver 1.1.1f0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007 National Instruments Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Private: No

I think we've duplicated it here and we're trying to figure out what's going wrong.  Stay tuned.
Joel Sumner
NI-Shanghai
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 139
(14,016 Views)