LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT bugs

Well, I have lots of programs having a main-while-loop, and a attached shift-register in that loop with a cluster of all important data, which are then passed to several sub-VIs within the loop. Within the cluster, there is also a NXT-reference, which is then passed from sub-VI to sub-VI so that there is no need to re-calculate/find out the current NXT-reference within the loop. I have seen similar strucutres in example programs, BTW.

Apart from that, I think the problems in LV2013 are not directly associated with NXT-references, but with clusters (and probably other basic structures) in general.

I have given up to successfully use the NXT-toolkit in LV2013, and instead swichted back to LV2012, where everything works as expected. I am still a little supprised that not more developers report probems in this area. I still think the problems are related to the beginning EV3 support in the toolbox, because (obviously) lots of lower-layer code was changed, and broke the existing NXT functionality... Regression testing???

0 Kudos
Message 131 of 139
(8,367 Views)

Sorry toa sk a question?

0 Kudos
Message 132 of 139
(8,343 Views)

I am not sure if what I found is a bug, so I posted it in it's own thread.  Please take a look at http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-for-LEGO-MINDSTORMS-and/Lego-NXT-Continuous-Servo-VI-Error/td-p/3043...

0 Kudos
Message 133 of 139
(8,224 Views)

We got a Surface Pro 3 and installed the labview for Legos to try to develop for our robot.  When we go to the Remote Control Editor, it comes up with an error saying it cannot initialize the keyboard and then crashes the program.  We can connect to the NXT, control it in the vi and the schematic, but the remote control crashes every time.  We've tried it with the attached keyboard and without, and with a USB keyboard plugged in.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 134 of 139
(8,148 Views)

Hello Everybody!

I want to run this code in LabVIEW, but don't find NXTs. I use Specify NXTs to connect the robots.

I try this description and the "Multiple NXTs" sample, but don't work in LabVIEW 2014 Module for LEGO MINDSTORMS:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372962A-01/lvnxt/multiplenxtcommuncation/

The sample program works only, when I connect robots to PC with USB and the communication is in Bluetooth. If I modify parameter to USB or connect with bluetooth, don't find NXTs.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks, Adam

0 Kudos
Message 135 of 139
(7,989 Views)

I am using Mindstorms and build a Robot with two Motors and a IR Sensor. 1) I made a program which lets the Robot follow a IR signal and stops when reaching it. 2) I made a program to remote control the robot with the IR control. Both programs work. But when combining them, program 1 does not work anymore.

It gives eratic results from the IR sensor. It seams the detecting a IR-Button is not compatible with measuring the signal in the same program. Anyone has similar experience or know how to deal with it?

I removed some of the code to demonstrate it: This is the program which works:

Id81X.png

Introducing another Selection around it which senses a IR RC Button does not work anymore:

BChg1.png

The result is, that the program follows to the right section, but the IR measurements of distance and directions are giving random results. Somehow it looks like the Sensor is not initialized anymore when it is supposed to switch to a different mode.

0 Kudos
Message 136 of 139
(6,748 Views)
im using the NXT terminal of the NXT module in the tool window of labview, i used every button (compile, download n run..... debug, and compile n download) but all of them took a long time to compile, and the warning always appear....

im using labview 8.5....   what can i do?, its almost impossible to me, make fine tuning correction because every compile take long time... 
0 Kudos
Message 137 of 139
(6,635 Views)
im using the NXT terminal of the NXT module in the tool window of labview, i used every button (compile, download n run..... debug, and compile n download) but all of them took a long time to compile, and the warning always appear....

0 Kudos
Message 138 of 139
(6,635 Views)
Hi,
I am user of the program LabView Student Edition 7.1.1 and I am using it in the extent of my dissertation to program a robot Lego Mindstorms NXT (Firmware V 1.05). My intention is to collect data with the robot through rotation sensors of the lego. When I transfer the program for the robot an error message appears  saying that it cannot open the VI because it is protected by password (see image in http://fisicaequimicaa.com.sapo.pt/mensagem%20de%20erro.jpg). This message only began to appear when I introduced into the program the code to export the data collected to a ficheiro that can be opened in Excel. Before, when in the program just had the sensor and the graph this mistake didn't appear and the program worked well. The program that I use has the addons made available on NI page to work with the robots NXT and with Robolab.
I would appreciate your help to solve this problem. If there is a problem in the code I would appreciate your help in with clues on how to solvew it.

[url=http://www.allasdclassified.com]Top Ten classified website[/url]
0 Kudos
Message 139 of 139
(6,629 Views)