LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVLM on EV3, converting old *.vi on NXT to new *.vi on EV3

Hi all

Thanks to NI, A.Pena and his team for the new EV3-Module!

The installation of the module was successful. The first tests where rather surprising but worked.

Problem: I wanted to compile some of my old *.vi  on NXT  to the EV3-Brick, what failed with error-messages about every programmed function.

I was only successful by rewriting the whole program. Is there a conversion-tool to translate *.vi on NXT to *.vi on EV3?

Thanks    Andi Pi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,191 Views)

Hello,

Any VI that deploys to an NXT brick should deploy to an EV3 brick, with no error messages. Please include any error messages you are seeing so we can figure out what went wrong.

Garrett

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,177 Views)

Thanks for your prompt reply Garret!

Further inquiries led me to the information that I have to compile my VIs because I changed my version of LV from 2011 to 2012 at the same time. (and not because I want to use old VIs on EV3)

But I can't find Tools»Advanced»Mass Compile in my LVLM 2012 to convert VIs in whole folders.

What is a "Base Package"?

Thanks for help

Andi Pi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,139 Views)

I would think that VIs would automatically re-compile, so I don't think that would be causing any error messages. The Mass Compile tool is only available in the regular LabVIEW environment. If you are using the LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS Environment, switch to the LabVIEW environment from Tools>>Choose Environment... 

As far as I know Base Package refers to a LabVIEW installation which offers more limited features than the Full or Professional version. According to the NI online documentation, the base package is sufficient to use Mass Compile.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,136 Views)