From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identical ultrasonic switch blocks behave differently

Environment: NXT-G 2.0

I extended a simple ultrasonic sensor test program, and the switch block stopped working.

I tried removing the extensions to see if I could start from a known baseline and then add program blocks to see what was causing the problem, but after I'd deleted all the extensions the program still didn't behave like the original program.

Explanation of attachments:

bat bot.rbt - the original program which works as expected (moves until sensor reads < 12 inches, then backs and turns)

bat bot 1.rbt - as far as I can tell identical to original program, but the '< 12 inches' branch is never chosen

bat bot speaker.rbt - the intended extension - adds a sensor display loop and uses sound sensor as an additional way to turn

Any help figuring out why bat bot 1 doesn't behave like bat bot would be appreciated.

BTW, might be helpful to add .rbt to the list of valid attachment extensions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,740 Views)

NXT-G is not a National Instruments software environment. As such I am not able to help you with your question. Other people in the community may know, but you would probably be better served finding forums which support the environment you're using.

Good luck!

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,726 Views)

I appologize, the following link led me to belive this might be an appropriate forum:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-for-LEGO-MINDSTORMS-and/Is-this-forum-used-for-mindstorm-nxt-questio...

Certainly there didn't seem to be any relevant activity in the legos forums.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,691 Views)