From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the TETRIX move motor VI's back?

Solved!
Go to solution

I purchased LabVIEW 2009 Education Edition a while back to use with TETRIX for my class. I have since installed LabVIEW 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2015 for the FRC teams I have mentored. I recently wanted to program my TETRIX kit again (using NXT), but the VI's I need to control the motors are missing (see attached screen shot). When I attempt to install just the NXT Module from the original 2009 install DVD, I get the following error:

NI LabVIEW 2009 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT Module

Could Not Install
LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT x64 Driver (higher version already installed)
NI LabVIEW 2009 LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Module (higher version already installed)

I am hesitant to uninstall all other versions of LabVIEW because of the team code. Any suggestions for how I can control my TETRIX components again? Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,201 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author izetetic

Hi izetetic,

I am not sure why VIs went missing from your NXT Module. Can you uninstall only the NXT Module and then reinstall?

If that doesn't work, you can use a newer version of the NXT Module, now called the MINDSTORMS Module, for a more recent version of LabVIEW: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-nxt-module-2015/5418/en/ . Since you already have LabVIEW installed, this comes for free.

In versions 2010 and beyond, you have to configure the TETRIX Motors using the Schematic Editor, and then use the I/O>>Motors palette to program the motors.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,190 Views)

Woohoo! Yes, I was able to uninstall only the NXT Module and then reinstall. Didn't think of that. Got my move motor blocks back. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,174 Views)