cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Error!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to program my NXT module using the LabVIEW NXT Toolkit.

I have exactly copied the volume waveform chart from Getting Started with the LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT: ftp://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/mindstorms/LabVIEW_Toolkit_for_LMS_NXT_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf

The NXT terminal connects to my NXT module fine, but when I download the program it appears in the NXT files as just .rxe (i.e not program.rxe, the name is completely missing). When I navigate to the program on the NXT module and press run I get a message saying 'File Error!'.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sarah

Message 1 of 7
(8,586 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SarahW
It's OK, I found and downloaded the 1.0.1 patch and it works fine now Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,583 Views)
This patch 1.0.1, can you please tell me where i can get it? is it a patch for labview or the firmware? btw, my firmware version is 1.03, is that ok? also, my labview version is 8.6
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,430 Views)

https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evallegotoolkit/content.xhtml

Under the download links.

It says it's a patch for "LabVIEW 8.5 and localized (non-English) versions of LabVIEW", but I'm also using LabVIEW 8.6 and it worked fine. As far as I remember you just have to copy some files to the right place, but the instructions will tell you what to do.
Message 4 of 7
(8,419 Views)
OK, can you do me another favor, can you tell me what firmware version you have? Even the patch doesnt seem to help, with 8.6 and 7.1 versions of labview, and i am not able to figure out why, also, is there a way from within labview where you can change the firmware version?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,410 Views)
My firmware version is 1.01. I've never changed it so don't know if you can do it within LabVIEW, sorry!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,407 Views)

Oh, that's ok, thanks a lot for the help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,405 Views)