From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile Error

Hi All

I'm trying to debug some NXT examples on LV 8.5 such as the Basic Chart.vi using the debug button in the NXT terminal (as described in the example)

But everytime I try this, I'm getting this error message:
Error 1003 occurred at Invoke Node in NXTToolkit.CompileOrCancel.vi->NXTToolkit.TargetAgent.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located.  Open the VI in LabVIEW using File>>Open and verify that it is runnable.

Method Name: Run VI

VI Path: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\gcompiler\Backend.LEGO\NXT.Compiler.Core.vi

Any help would be great!

Herbert
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,552 Views)
Hi!

I have the same problem. Did anybody find the anwser how to overcome the error?

Jernej
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,482 Views)
Hello,

Are u guys sure that when u mass compiled using the following steps

Launch the version of LabVIEW in which you installed the toolkit.

Select Tools»Advanced»Mass Compile.

Browse to the labVIEW\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit folder and select Curr Dir.

Select Mass Compile to begin the mass compile process.

and u got no error?

Well when i was using LV 8.5 but when ever i tried to mass compile it failed and gave me a big list of errors and most of the files were left uncomplied. Succesful mass compile is the basic requirement for any program to be executed. Then i switched on to LV 8.0. there i didnt face this problem, all files were fully complied and i got no error, even now this example is running fine on LV 8.0.

Regards
Q.Ahmed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,466 Views)
When I do a mass compile, I'm geting the following messages:

I too used the NXT toolkit with LV 8.2 without problems, but this was on XP and not Vista.

#### Starting Mass Compile: Mi, 16. Jan 2008 07:58:46
  Directory: "C:\apps\NationalInstruments\LabVIEW8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit"
Could not load (C:\apps\NationalInstruments\LabVIEW8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\gcompiler\GetType.llb\Type Code.ctl) because (C:\apps\NationalInstruments\LabVIEW8.5\vi.lib\Utility\GetType.llb\Type Code.ctl) in memory
Could not load (C:\apps\NationalInstruments\LabVIEW8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\gcompiler\GetType.llb\Type Descriptor I16 Array.ctl) because (C:\apps\NationalInstruments\LabVIEW8.5\vi.lib\Utility\GetType.llb\Type Descriptor I16 Array.ctl) in memory
Could not load (C:\apps\NationalInstruments\LabVIEW8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\gcompiler\GetType.llb\Type Enum.ctl) because (C:\apps\NationalInstruments\LabVIEW8.5\vi.lib\Utility\GetType.llb\Type Enum.ctl) in memory
#### Finished Mass Compile: Mi, 16. Jan 2008 07:59:39
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,459 Views)

well, what made me to go back to LV 8.0 from LV 8.5 was that lego mindstorm toolbox is based on labview 7.1 and it is having some compatability issues with labview 8.5, thats why i came back on labview 8.0. even its written on download site of NXT Kit that this tool box is compatible with labview upto 8.5.

lets see what the is the opinion of technical expert of labview Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,445 Views)
hey I face this problem in labviwe 8.5 but I solved like that,
  1. Download the LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT 1.0.1 Patch from ni.com/academic/mindstorms.
  2. Unzip the nxttoolkit101patch.zip file and open the directory that corresponds to the LabVIEW version installed on the computer.
  3. Copy the vi.lib directory you downloaded and paste this directory into the labview directory.
  4. In the copy warning dialog box, select Yes to All.

anyway I attatch patch folder with the reply.I hope that help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,309 Views)