LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Bluetooth Conection

Hello.

I am trying to connect automatically to a Lego NXT Robot by using Labview (LV 2010). I need to connect automatically (as opossed to connect by the NXT terminal) because I am doing a remote laboratory, and the user will not control Labview directly but a Java Applet. The java applet opens and runs the VI, elliminating the option of connecting via the NXT terminal and leaving the VI open.

I have two problems:

B.) I tried using the "searchForNXT.vi" to at least show up the number of NXT found. It does no find my NXT, although I have connected before successfuly by using the NXT terminal.

Sometimes I am connected with the Lego NXT by the NXT Terminal while I execute this VI, and it does not find anything.

A:) I haven't found an example that shows this procedure after this step...

Any help is greatly appreciated, specially working examples. I already have the laboratory fully working, but without this step it cannot be a remote laboratory.

Thank you for your time and patience.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,279 Views)

Hi DeweyMec,

I think you can use the "specify NXT" vi to accomplish this. You can find it at NXTI/O: Advanced: Specify NXT.

You will need to know the name of the brick before hand. Also it will only work in direct mode.Also, if the NXT needs to pair to the computer the dialog will come up automatically.

Let me know if you have questions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,269 Views)