LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why has iphone data dashboard been discontinued?

I see that Data Dashboard is now listed as being an "IPad only" app rather than IPhone/IPad?   Why this change?  Is the old data dashboard for IPhone no longer available at all?  It seems now that the only way to get data via an IPhone is to build a simple HTML page that connects to a Web Service (?)

I hope there are plans to re-enable DD for IPhone soon. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,003 Views)

Data Dashboard is currently not supported on iOS8.  To my knowledge, prior iOS versions still support Data Dashboard.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,975 Views)

Hi Garvacious,

What application are you working on where you are looking for this functionality? Do you need write access or just read access?

After the most recent iOS update we ran into issues that resulted in us needing to remove the iPhone version of Data Dashboard for LabVIEW from the App Store. We are currently prioritizing the full feature set made available on iPad and Android tablets through Data Dashboard 2.2, which is available on Google Play and the App Store. There also is more limited read-only functionality available on Android Phones and Windows 8 devices (smartphones, tablets). Unfortunately, the similarly featured iPhone app which allowed viewing one variable at a time is no longer available for any iOS versions.

You are correct that now the best way to view data on any smartphone that doesn't have Data Dashboard support is to create an HTML page that connects to LabVIEW web services. Do you have any questions about how to do this?

Best,

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(6,965 Views)