LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservice deployment failed

Solved!
Go to solution

I could finally accomplish the mentioned task by doing the following modifications:

1- install the patch you mentioned

2- reset the webserver configuration and put the default settings

3- Now it works well on LABVIEW 2013

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(5,114 Views)

I have a similar problem that the above did not fix.

I'm running LabView 2013 under Windows Vista, and the Application Web Server fails to start.  When I employ services.msc to "start" it, I get a pop-up that states:

"Windows couln not start the NI Application Web Server service on Local Computer.  Error 1075:  The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

The same LabView 2013 on a WIN7 box is running the server, but I get an HTTP 404 error, meaning the service request is incorrect.  But I'm using the URL indicated by the "Show Method URL".

Thoughts on either of these problems?

mark

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(5,069 Views)
You may need to update your LV with the latest patches from NI. I believe one of them addresses this dependency being uninstalled unintentionally. Easiest way to check for this is run NI Update Service.
Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(5,066 Views)

Thanks Mark.  I previously ran LV Update service twice, the first installed some updates, the second indicated I was completely up to date, but the Web Service was still non-functional.  I read on another thread people were uninstalling the entire NI suite and re-installing (didn't want to do that); then found a recommendation to "repair" the service.  That corrected the web service application.

But I'm still getting an HTTP 404 "bad request" error, similar to my WIN7 system.  I've tried running the 'debug' as well as 'published' application.  The published application shows as active under the Web Services Management browser window, but I cannot attach to the running VI.  I'm using the URL indicated by the "Copy URL" dialog to no avail.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(5,059 Views)

error

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(5,055 Views)

Hey Mark,

Are you leaving the Show Method URL dialog box open after you hit copy?  Is your Web service or project saved to a network or local drive? 

KiraT

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(5,050 Views)

Yes to both.  I finally determined my "bad request" HTTP error is due to a typo when I modify the URL to add values, so I've got it working now.

BTW, it works with the "Show Method URL" box open or closed.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(5,044 Views)

I have a new problem regarding failed web services.  I have a LV2013 (with F1 patch) project with four web services.  This project was created on a DELL WIN7 system.  I can run the project in debug, as a published web service, or as a standalone application.  These can be run concurrently (on different ports), and all function as expected, including access from a linux system on the same network.

I've taken the application to an NI 8135 embedded controller running the same LV software.  The application runs as expected when communicating with IE running on the same box.  But I get a TCP timeout error when attempting to interact with the web services from another computer.  I have tried linux to 8135 as well as between two 8135's to no avail.

The Windows firewall is turned off for "private" networks, and I am using remote desktop to access the 8135.

Thoughts?

mark

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(4,940 Views)

BTW, with the firewall completely turned off, it is still unaccessible from another system.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(4,929 Views)

Mark, I'm not sure exactly what the problem is in this case, but it is almost certainly a security or network configuration issue. The fact that you can access both services from the same box proves that they are running correctly. You should focus your diagnostics on why the port is getting blocked.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(4,918 Views)