LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thin client problem

I have created my own web builder program. You can check it out: http://124.107.57.250:8080/OCC/index.html

In my laptop ( which is a thin client ) it fully works. But on the other thin client, it didn't ( it dont do the manipulation of data ). What would be the problem? Did I miss a requirement for browsing? Does it need other requirements raher than silverlight?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,413 Views)

Hi,

Can you provide the following imformation for the machine that does not work:

Operating System

Browser

Verison of Microsoft Silverlight

Also, the is the data manipulation done in the Web UI or does it call from a web service?

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,392 Views)

Hi!

I've discovered my problem.

Ideally, my program need to graph a data from specific time span. It works in the server pc while not on the thin clients.

It is because I used a constant path of 'C:\All files' (my data storage on server pc). Thats why when I run it on a client pc, It doesnt read/manipulate/graph the datas (because it dont have the folder).

My follow up question was what will be my path name going on my server pc's "C:\All files"? My public and local IP was 124.107.57.250 and 192.168.1.124 respectively.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,384 Views)

Hi,

The path on the client PCs should be whereever the data is stored.  If you are trying to access it on a network, then the path is the same as what you enter in Windows explorer if you were going to manually navigate to it.  If the file is on the host computer then you will need some sort of file sharing program to make it accessable to the rest of the network.  Another way you could do it is post the data as a web service and then read from the web service on the client pc.

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,378 Views)