LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mouse click location coordinates

hello,

i would like to know the mouse click coordinates for the controls as well as the front panel in general. how do i go about doing this?

one more question : is it possible through python scripting (i dont know python but can get around it somehow) to get access python standard libraries? i would like this because i could customize some of the features of the UI. for e.g file access,or even using some library VIs,for e.g TCP IP VIs, on the system?.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,265 Views)

Hi,

Currently there is no way to get access to mouse click location in LabVIEW Web UI Builder.

Regarding Python scripting - doing advanced operations with Python scripting (past the examples given inside UI Builder) is mostly unsupported.

However, the scripting feature in Web UI Builder uses IronPython (Silverlight version), so the Python libraries that IronPython provides can be used in scripts. However, your code is still executing in the Silverlight sandbox. This means that direct file system access to the machine executing the Web UI Builder VI is not allowed, nor are most TCP/IP or socket operations.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,252 Views)

Hi malcomsmith,

Thanks for the reply. so if i want to be able to tweek Web UI builder, knowing silverlight will be helpful right? for example the graph control can be tweeked via silverlight manupilation,say if i wanted timestamp on x-axis? also where can i get the documentation for TranslateX property?is it silverlight control property?

thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,247 Views)