LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does changing the background image on the data dashboard crash the app?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to change the background image of my dashboard (on an iPad third generation).  Every time I try to make the change, the data dashobard app just crashes.  Even if I try to change it to a color, the app crashes.  I can insert an image with no problem.  I'm guessing this is just a bug or something but has anybody else seen this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,632 Views)

What version and model number is your iPad (Settings>>General>>About)? Also, what is the version number of Data Dashboard (Settings>>Data Dashboard (near the bottom of the page)>>Version)?

Overall I've had Data Dashboard 2.0 and 2.1 on my third gen iPad with no crashes when I change the background .We'll figure out what's going on though for you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,626 Views)

Thanks for the reply...

iPad version 6.1.3 (10B329), Model MC707LL/A

Data Dashboard Version 2.1.0.5

Background is a 110K .png image currently.  Trying to update to a 119K .png image from the Camera Roll.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(9,619 Views)

Did you create/ develop the dashboard only on that one iPad? (Did you share the dashboard back and forth, by NI Cloud / email / iTunes at any point in time?)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,595 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author trojanfrey

I've been able to reproduce this crash with the following steps:

- Configure a background image for a page

- Copy the dashboard somehow. You can Duplicate Dashboard, share by email, export and re-import from NI Cloud, etc.

- Open the dashboard copy

- From the copy, change the background image (to a solid color, or another image)

If you configure a background image for a page, close and reopen your dashboard, and then try to change the background to something else, you'll run into this error.

Workaround: If you have the original background image in your Camera Roll still, you can drop it as an image onto the same page (Photo Palette, Select from Library). Then you can delete this image, and change the background image also.

If you don't have the original image still, you may have to start with a new dashboard. (For each page on the old dashboard, you can tap the background, Select All, Copy / Paste to another dashboard).

There's a similar issue with dropped images, if you've shared the dashboard and you're working off a copy. The workaround in this case is to copy and paste the image before deleting it. (If not, you'll get an error dialog instead of a crash, but the image won't delete.)

I've filed CARs for these issues internally. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(9,566 Views)

Thank you very much.  Yes, I had shared the dashboard via email.  I'll keep my eyes open for an update sometime in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(9,553 Views)