LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tip Strip, Latching Action, Possible Drop Down Workaround?

Is there any way to add a tip strip to an object?  I don't think there is just wanted to make sure.  If not I think this is a nice feature making websites more proffesional like NI's site (hover over the Buttons up top for Products & Services, Solutions, etc.). 

I have also attached a VI that relates to the latching of a boolean button.  Basically unlike LabVIEW where so long as you have the terminal inside the loop (getting read) the button pops back up this seems to require that the output actually be hooked up to something.  This may be intended behaviour but is different than regular LabVIEW so I doubt it.

I thought of a work-around for the ItemSource of a Drop Down list not being able to be programmatically populated.  Basically I am sizing a Listbox on click event with a script.  In doing so I found what I think is another bug.  I can't quite get it to properly show the selected element when transitioning to the small form.  To recreate you take a new VI, add the script below to a click event on a listbox.  Using another separate object (I did a control in a while loop) I can set the Selected Index property and in the small mode it correctly shows the selected item but doesn’t when I do this programmatically.  Demo of this problem is is dropdown.vix.  I think this may have to be related to the highlight bug on a listbox.  I tried using the time.sleep command in the code below and it didn't help.  This would be a nice workaround to not being able to use the dropdown.  Any additional ideas on how to get the proper clicked on item to show would be great!   

What do the Listbox SelectedValue/SelectedItem properties do?  They look to be of a reference type?  I can see that you can use a “to more specific class” and directly pull the string out of selected item but it seems like there is something I am missing here?

Finally, why is .VIX not a supported file type for this forum?  How are we supposed to share code?  I have attached both of my web UI VIX files as a VI.  You will have to add the X.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,704 Views)

1. There is currently no way to add tip strips to controls. We will consider this for a future release

2. You are correct. In the Web UI Builder you must why the boolean to something to get the latching action.

3. In order to make this idea work you would need to be able to call the ScrollIntoView method on the listbox with a reference to the item you wish to scroll to. Currently there is no way to call methods on controls from the diagram and pass reference types.

4. The SelectItem and SelectedValue properties should not be available from data items and there presence is a bug because there is no way to use them on the diagram currently.

Sorry I cannot answer you last question about vix files but I was able to download you file and look at it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,692 Views)

1)  Okay, no problem I think it would be quite useful, but thanks for checking.

2)  When there is a help for this thing it should definitely say this.  Took us a bit to track that down.

3)  Okay completely understandable.  I am going to combine questions 3 and 4 here and say that it seems like if I can get a reference to the listbox then I can call a code in an event script something like: "<<LB reference>>.ScrollIntoView(runtime.GetProperty("Lisbox.SelectItem")) if not is there any other possible way to do this via scripting?  Is this stuff even exposed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,683 Views)