cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested VI is not loaded in to memory of server computer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

While trying to access VI remotely it gives me a message the connected VI is not in memory of server computer. 
Can anyone in here tell how can I put the VI in memory of server computer that I want to be accessible remotely ??

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(10,325 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jatin1489

Hey Jatin,

Are you trying to connect to the VI using Remote Front Panels?  What is the network setup that you are using?  Is the VI that you are connecting to running on the server computer?

A couple of great troubleshooting steps to try to get started can be found here.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble!

Regards,

KiraT

Message 2 of 5
(10,309 Views)

Hey,

Thanks for you concern.

I was trying to connect it using browser on my office network and I resolved the problem, I just needed to give a proper vi name.

Then I stucked up with another problem. As of now I am able to monitor and control VI on network but I would like to put it on Internet so that it must be accessible to monitor world wide.

Is such thing possible?? Because if it posssible then only I like to go for purchasing Dyn DNS sever name. 

Thank You, once again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(10,299 Views)

Hey Jatin,

Here is a great KB on setting up port forwarding to answer this question.  

Some other interseting reading about Remote Front Panels(RFP):

A white paper: Developing Remote Front Panel LabVIEW Applications and addresses some of the considerations to make regarding your system and archetecture. 

A KB on remote front panels through a firewall.

A KB incase you are trying to build your LabVIEW application into a stand alone LabVIEW executable. 

Also, keep in mind that you must have the LabVIEW runtime engine installed on any computer that you wish to view the RFP.  

Let us know if you have any other questiosn!

Best,

KiraT

Message 4 of 5
(10,289 Views)

Thanks a lot 

It's working 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(10,272 Views)