LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add items dynamically to the DropDown Ring control in Web UI Builder

Hi All,

Is there any way to add the item names to DropDown Ring Control in Web UI Builder?

Or

Is there any other control available to make selection in the Front Panel which can be dynamically loaded?

Thanks,

Alagar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(11,012 Views)

Hello,

There is an example that shows how to dynamically populate a ;list box in Web UI Builder (see the link below). A similar approach can be taken for the ring control. You can find more examples at the second link below.

Programmatically Changing the Elements of a Listbox

Developer Resources

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(11,011 Views)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for ur reply.

In my PC, I couldn't find out "Item Source" property for Ring controls, its only available for the ListBox control.

Is there any other option available?

Thanks,

Alagar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(11,007 Views)

HI,

I too have problems with this.

I do not see the ItemsSource property for Drop-Down / Pop-Up Ring, I see it only on the List Box. Any solution to that?

So I have to settle for that but now i ran into a new obstacle.

I have a List Box who's items are updated periodicaly.

My problem is that each time the list is updated through the ItemSources propoerty, the List Box control value (the numeric index) gets reset to -1.

Thats a bit awkward, I now have to check to see if the list actually has changed, and only the update the ItemSources. 

cheers

/MArcus

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(10,878 Views)

Hello

We do not currently have a solution for populating the items in a ring dynamically. You are both right that the capability only exists for a listbox control. Sorry for the confusion there!

Marcus, we are aware of the listbox issue that you mention, here is an example that illustrates how to work around it:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13975

Hope that helps! Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Diya Mukherji

LabVIEW R&D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,852 Views)

I have the same problem with the Tab Control.  I don't think it exposes it's ItemSources as well.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(10,634 Views)

DiyaDiya  

We do not currently have a solution for populating the items in a ring dynamically. 

Thanks for the clarification.

Seems incredible after all these years that such functionality (dynamically populating a ring control) is still beyond Labview. I must be missing something.

However, I'd suggest a combobox is closer than a listbox as a workaround.

[edit]

nevermind, it actually can be done (well, maybe not in the webUI), I found the explanation here http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FB0409491FAB16FA86256D08004FCE7E

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(10,009 Views)

@effgee, yes, that solution is only valid for LabVIEW and not WebUI Builder.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(9,976 Views)