LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i make hyperlink to local file for dowloading

Has anybody gotten this VI to work? I have tried under latest version of IE and Firefox.

It copies the file but I never get the prompt to Save the file ... The Content-Disposition from HTTP forums say this should work.

I have code snippet in HTML file I wrote that verifies the browser prompts for file to save.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(4,305 Views)

Hi RGSchmidt,

I just tested the VI in Chrome and IE and it seemed to work fine.

Is your browser setup to save to a default location?  My Chrome is so the file was simply downloaded to my default downloads directory, without a prompt.  Is this what you are seeing?

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(4,297 Views)

Hi Chris,

I never see the prompt or the file downloaded in IE or Firefox.

Randy

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(4,293 Views)

If you load the web service URL directly in your web browser (not in UI Builder with the hyperlink control), do you get the download prompt then?

I wonder if it could be a popup blocking issue or something like that.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(4,289 Views)

Great idea ... It worked by directly loading the URL that is passed into the GET function in the vix file called from the Web UI in both Firefox and IE

Where could the issue be, I am very confused

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(4,285 Views)

I tried it in Firefox in UI Builder and got the download prompt too. I have Block pop-windows on in Firefox but I still had no issues.

In your hyperlink control's properties, is TargetName still "_blank"?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(4,279 Views)

Not sure where to find the hyperlink control properties ....

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(4,274 Views)

In the Properties window on the right side of your screen, you should find TargetName in the Behavior section.

If you don't see it there, you can hit the sideways Properties button, or bring it back if closed from View ribbon tab > View Panes > Properties.

It sounds like you haven't changed TargetName though, so that probably isn't the problem. Can't think of other issues that would cause this though.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(4,271 Views)

Do not see TargetName in the Properties window ... but I changed little if anything for the properties.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(4,267 Views)

I'm attaching an editor screenshot for configuring the hyperlink - can you confirm that your control has all of the red boxed properties set up correctly? Another possibility is that you put the URL in the "Content" (link text) rather than the Target URL, then nothing would happen when you clicked it.

ConfigureHyperlink.jpg

Message 20 of 28
(4,263 Views)