LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data dashboard custom graph

Is there a way to make a custom graph in data dashboard. I am trying to get a Gaussian distribution to display on my phone from labview however I am not able to do so. Has anyone had luck getting a graph like this to show up on their phone? or tablet?

Is there a way to create your own graph. I have not be able to find any answers.

I am using an android device for both the tablet and phone. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(9,133 Views)

Hi Jrod,

Data Dashboard 1 only has a chart indicator, so you won't be able to display this particular type of data.  Data Dashboard 2 has a graph which you can pass an array of points and therefore could display a Gaussian distribution.  Right now Data Dashboard 2 is available for iPad only, but as announced at NIWeek, we are hard at work bringing Data Dashboard 2 to Android Tablets. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(9,124 Views)

Mark,

I finally got my hands on a ipad mini. I was wondering what graph I would have to use and how to pass the array of data? Is there a tutorial on how to do this or any other examples that could help me whith this. 

I am still trying to get a gaussian distribution or even a histogram will do.

Thanks 

Juan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(9,009 Views)

In Data Dashboard 2.0 , the graph you'll want to use is the XY Graph.

This thread explains the correct data type to use and how to construct it for shared variables:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Web-UI-Builder-and-Data/What-is-the-data-type-for-the-Data-Dashboard...

You can use the same approach if you're working with web services. If you have a web method that returns the correct data type, Data Dashboard should give you the option to create an XY Graph when you've started the linking process for that output terminal.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(9,002 Views)

Hi Juan,

Take a look at this guide and let me know if you have any questions. 

Getting Started with Data Dashboard for LabVIEW

Cheers,

Brandon V.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(9,001 Views)

So i started working on this part using the information from this ling below as suggested from a post above. 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Web-UI-Builder-and-Data/What-is-the-data-type-for-the-Data-Dashboard...

The can anyone help me out with out to create a custom control? How do I go about this? I tried following this tutorial

http://200.126.14.82/web/NationalInstruments/Instrupedia/instrupedia/appnotes/D7922186256A3000652B56...

But I am not sure what I have to change for the control

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(8,987 Views)

I fianlly was able to get the custom control to work. Was really easy thanks for the help. So I am un sure how to connect my data to the shared variable. I have tried connecting two arrays to a bundle and then to the shared variable and it gives me an error. I have tried to make sure that both arrays are the same data type and still an error.

I have tired to connect a build array to make sure that it is in the correct data type as my variable but I am not sure if I am doing this part correctly.

I have up loaded a pic of the error and the schematic. I am out of ideas on how to get this to work.

The only other thing that I have not tried was to expand the build array to add another element, but I am not sure what else to add to the build array.

Thanks for the help 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(8,975 Views)

Hi Juan,

It looks like you have the custom control and the shared variable setup correctly.  Now you need to create clusters of 2 points and create an array of those clusters.  Here's an example:

ArrayOfClusterOfPoints.png

I am creating a cluster of 2 doubles, and the indexing tunnel on the while loop creates an array of those clusters.

Cheers,

Brandon V.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(8,941 Views)

Here are two examples of building a point array (for an XY Graph) that can be used with Data Dashboard:

PointArrayExamples.png

The top example is y=x^2 from x=-10 to x=10, illustrating what you might do if you're using a For loop to construct your data.

The bottom example is more simple: The result is just an XY Graph with a line connecting 4 points: (1,2)   (2,4)  (3,6)   and (4,8).

The issue with your first screenshot (Capture.JPG) is that you're taking two arrays of numeric data, and bundling them into a cluster. (So, a cluster of 2 numeric arrays).

Instead, what you should use is a single array of data, where each element in the array is a cluster of 2 numeric values.

Message 9 of 15
(8,939 Views)

Malcolmsmith solution is the one that worked for me in the set up. 

Thanks for the help.

Now what I will be doing is trying to display a histogram graph onto the data dashboard graph. From the post above, this would need to be an XY graph. Now I am going to simulate a digital signal with a square wave generator and change the amplitude to get a different number out to the graph. Now I have been trying this all day with no luck because I can not get the correct data type for my variable. 

Does this mean that I have to change the data type of my shared variable? Or is it possible to manipulate the data using labview functions to get the correct data type?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(8,922 Views)