LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data dashboard custom graph

If you want to use the XY graph, you shouldn't change the data type of the shared variable.  What data type are you trying to wire into the shared variable?  Whatever it is, you'll need to convert it to match the shared variable.

Cheers,

Brandon V.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(4,027 Views)

So I am finally able to get the output of the data to match the shared variable and the XY graph. However, there is no data in the graph. So I put some indicators to show the outputs of the histogram and the value going into the budles is zero. I am not sure what I am doing wrong or if I missed a step. I have attached what I am doing in my vi as well as the Vi file.

I have also tried connecting the output of the histogram directly to the bundle function and still no number value associated or output to the graph. I have tried to delete the histogram connections and put just a constant value but there is still not output to the graph on the front pannel or on the Ipad. 

I think it has something to do with labview not being able to convert from the output of the histogram to the value that is needed for the variable or I am using the incorrect function to send to the shared variable.

thanks for the help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(4,020 Views)

Does anyone have an idea of how to get values out of the create histogram funcition? I am still unable to get the data output on my XY graph and I have tried severl things. Is there anyway to display the histogram on a shared varable and pass it to the datadashboard app on the ipad?

thanks

Juan

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(4,007 Views)
  • If you want to use an XY graph then you need to create a shared variable with an array containing a cluster containing two numerics.
  • If you want to use a regular graph then you need to create a shared variable with an array of numerics.
  • If you want to use a chart (with historical data) then you need to create a shared variable with either a numeric or an array of numerics.

There is nothing special about the histogram function or any other function in LabVIEW when using it with Data Dashboard. The above rules will tell you which data type to use. You just have to decide which control to use (chart, graph, xy graph) and then get the data into the right type of shared variable for that control.

Message 14 of 15
(3,976 Views)

Finally I was able to get this to work properly. Instead of using the XY graph I used a Regular graph instead and was finally able to get it to display on data dashboard.

Thanks for all the help

Juan 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(3,900 Views)