cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data dashboard QMH

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have made a program using the Queued message handler (QMH) based on the continuous measurement and logging example shipped with LabVIEW 2013.

I want to view and control this program by using the Data dashboard with web services (for Ipad). I followed this tutorial;

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-40079

Using this tutorial I am able to connect my desired controls and indicators to the data dashboard.

But when I am running the data dashboard, it does not interact with the program. If I however run the web resource vi from within the program itself if works.

I have made a dummy vi that just creates a random number and this is working fine, using the Data dashboard web services.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(11,564 Views)

Update:

After I made the executable with the web services I do not see the web service on the data dashboard.

So instead of working with the executable I just right clicked the web service in the project explorer and published the web service, this way I am able to see and connect the indicators and controls to my dashboard.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(11,556 Views)
Sounds like it might be related to a difference in the port the Web Service is hosted on. That may change between LabVIEW and the built EXE. Good news is you can set that up to be the same port of you so choose.
Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(11,553 Views)

I`m not entirly sure what you mean.

While building the EXE I have set the port for the web services to 8080.

In the web server configuration I have changed the application web server to port 8080 as well.

But the data dashboard still doesn`t see the web services when I search for port 8080.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(11,546 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bdmar

I would try setting the Web Server port for the EXE to a different number; something far away from the standard 8080. Then make sure Data Dashboard is targeting the port for your EXE and not your project.

I have never tried setting two Web Servers to run on the same port, but I have had issues with port conflicts (using the same port for the Project and resulting EXE) using VI Server. 

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(11,516 Views)

I have asked my netadmin to open port 8002 (standard for EXE web server)

I am now able to connect the data dashboard to the EXE.

But my indicators are not updating, I just get an error after a couple of seconds, although they are linked to the web resources VI`s.

I am using an android tablet today if that matters, I get the Ipad back tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(11,492 Views)

After deleting the EXE en rebuilding it, it works using port 8002.

Thanks for the advice!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(11,486 Views)