LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Dashboard Tips

I have run into a few issues while playing with Data Dashboard.  I have 2 annoying issues I have not been able to figure out.

1) How do you delete a control or indicator once created?

2) When I update my shared variables, I don't see the update in Data Dashboard.  I kill the app and restart to do a refresh.  Is there a better way?

For the most part i am impressed with the technology and giving the ability to see and control your application on a mobile device.  On the other hand I am surprised how much time I have spent making it look and behave properly. Althogh passing the enum stings is a bit cumbersome it did work great.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Matt Fitzsimons
NI Alliance Member
LabVIEW Champion
NI Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW, LV-RT, Vision, DAQ, Motion, and FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,313 Views)

Which version and which platform are you using?

In DD 2.x for iOS you can tap on a selected element to show a menu with Delete, Cut, Copy, etc. On Android you long press a selected item to get the same menu.

I'm not sure what you meant by "see the update". Are you talking about seeing new data while running a dashboard? Or are you trying to connect to a new shared variable that you just added to an existing library? Can you elaborate?

Message 2 of 4
(6,311 Views)

Using DD (Data Dashboard) 2.2.  Found delete but took a while to figure it out.

When addling new shared variables in LV project it doesn't show up in DD select list.  I have to kill app and restart before it will find new SV.  Is there a better way?  Using iPad to develop application.

On similar topic is there a list of minimum requirements for running DD on Apple products?  Version of iOS, iPad versions.??

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,208 Views)

To see any shared variables you added, just hit the refresh button in the bottom left of the connection dialog.

The minimum iOS version is currently iOS 5.1, and it will run on any iPad.

Cheers,

Brandon

Message 4 of 4
(6,205 Views)