From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Dashboard Showing "no supported variable..."

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working with Data Dashboard for Android, on a Sony mobile, and I have followed all the procedure to create, build and deploy a web service.

I am able to access the Web Server from the Data Dashboard application, and  I can also visualize the Web Services and their deployed variables.

The problem comes when I select a particular deployed variable; I am shown a message " no supported variable...", when I select this, i am taken back to the home page of  Data Dashboard. Below is the picture of the message that I am getting.

I verified the data types of the network variables I used in my VI, and they are all supported by Data Dashboard. 

Anyone has an idea on what's actually happening, and the reason of this message??

I would be grateful for any help!!

Thanks in advance.

e.Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(11,221 Views)

Can you post some example LabVIEW code which reproduces this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(11,205 Views)

I used the Code example given in the NI tutorial; and in the video illustration by the NI engineer, the code worked properly.

Below is the picture of the main block diagram.

NI.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(11,196 Views)

It looks like your variables are arrays of doubles. The version of Data Dashboard you are using (1.0 for Android) does not support arrays. It only supports scalars and strings. This document lists the supported types: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D9B247551BE7F46A8625795000552CDE

If you change the arrays to scalars then you should be able to use a numeric, gauge, or chart indicator to display your data. You won't be able to do anything other than display your stop variable, though. Data Dashboard 1.0 does not support modifying values. For that you need 2.0, which is currently only available for iPad.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(11,188 Views)

On the link that you have given, it is said that boolean variables are supported by data Dashboard; And I have tried to change the Stop variable into an indicator tp be displayed into the data Dashboard, still the message "No supported variable " is coming.

Also I tried to replace the Graph array shared variable into a Int16, but there is no change.

Check this youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp3FlqFBTuM , he is controling a DC motor speed from an Android mobile through labVIEW.. I am not able to identify which application he is using, but it seems not to be Data Dashboard!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(11,176 Views)

Again, posting actual code would help. Maybe there's a subtle configuration issue. Also, are you sure you are browsing the right server and the right library? Have you tried refreshing?

That video looks like a custom application. The description says he is using web services. The nice thing about web services is that they are easy to integrate into your own custom application written in any language.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(11,171 Views)

Hey Rutezo!

If you are looking to go the route of making a custom interface similar to the one you saw in the video, I would suggest this page here. It has some great information about all of your different options for interfacing with LabVIEW remotely.

Thanks!
Kira

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(11,166 Views)

Thanks AdamKemp for your quick response, and help!!

here is the code that I tried.. you can see that compared to the previous code I converted the Stop variable into an indicator, and the Graph variable is no longer an array but Int16. Still the same "No sopported variable is coming".

NI2.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(11,158 Views)

A screenshot isn't really good enough to see if you are doing something subtly wrong. Please attach a zip file with the project you are using as well as the library containing your shared variables and your .vi file. Then we can actually test your exact code to see if we can reproduce the issue you are having. That will help us narrow it down.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(11,151 Views)

Oh, and did you actually run the VI? The variables won't deploy until you run the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(11,144 Views)