LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect a camera to media player

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI 1764 camera. Is there any way to connect to media player from web builder? Like an webcam.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,445 Views)

Hi Adi_,

Unfortunately, at this point the Media Player control can only show videos that are being hosted on a web server.

What sort of application are you working on? How would a "webcam"-like video feed be used in your application?

Aaron P

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,421 Views)

I have a system with a conveyer belt and some sensors commanded by cRIO and I want to  see my system from web application with a camera.

How can I do that? Is possible?

Thx!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,410 Views)

Instead of using the media player control, I think it should be possible to use the Web UI Builder image control instead, with a LabVIEW web service (in streaming mode) that will stream out an image. I'm not sure if there's any example / tutorial that demonstrates something like this, though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,402 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Adi_

Hi Adi_,

At this point, the Media control and the Image control can only display videos and images that are hosted on a web server. So streaming video is not possible at this point. You may be able to simulate streaming by using a camera to capture images and save those images to a directory that is hosted by a web server. Then from your Web UI Builder application you could programmatically load the images in order at a desired rate (assuming the naming scheme of the image files are known). Depending on your application, this may or may not suffice.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but your feedback is much appreciated.

Aaron P

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,400 Views)

Thanks. It works, but the rate for each frame is very low so the quality of my streaming it's not so god. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,352 Views)

I have been able to connect my webcam up to the Media Viewer control using Expression Encoder and publishing an mms stream.  I assume there is other software out there that can accomplish the task, but this is what I had handy.  I don't have much experience with building live video streams, but I did want to point out that it is possible.

Jeff Peters

LabVIEW R & D

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,268 Views)